Club and activity for people aged over 50 offered by Registered Charity Little Actors Theatre
Day: Friday (starting 11th September 2020)
Venue: Neston Theatre Arts, 26-30 Brook Street, CH64 9XL.
Main Aim: To rehearse a Christmas project.
Staff: Director/writer – Mike Lockley
Producer – Samantha Giblin
Evaluation: There will be evaluation forms at the end of the project to monitor impact and to
report back to the funders.
Funding: Neston Town Council (part funding).
Membership subscription – every member is eligible for the discounted rate of membership subscription of £7 per session.
The funding will pay for the facilitators time and administrative costs and resources.
There is no funding for productions values so a shoestring approach to community theatre will be adopted.
subscription: £7 per week paid termly. Enables the member to access the activities provided by
the charity (see T&Cs for details). Autumn term 2002 is 14 weeks x £7 = £98
This project will involve the challenge of working on a shoestring budget to produce a community play.
Working with professional actor/writer/director Mike Lockley, the group will meet weekly to rehearse a play. The club members will be involved in sourcing or make their own props, costumes and set as well as learning a range of technical skills.
There will be a role for everyone in the group no matter what their experience or confidence level. We will encourage members of the group every step of the way and create a friendly, supportive atmosphere where we hope people will feel comfortable to try something new. We hope you will make friends through the camaraderie along the way.
At the very least the play will be video recorded so that everyone has a personal record of their work. Little Actors Theatre Company has the resources to create a black box
theatre space with tripod frames and curtains. You will be welcome to use the space when it is free to work independently in self run rehearsals, set design etc. If social distancing permits by December it may be possible to present the show before an audience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR THE SMOOTH AND EFFECTIVE RUNNING OF THE SESSIONS FOR THE CHILDREN
• When an application form is signed, the members agree to abide by the regulations and terms and conditions.
• Please notify us of absence.
• Punctuality is important as lateness can disrupt the activity and the progress of members.
• Good attendance is essential if members are to make good progress, also once we are working on a project it causes problems if one member is missing.
• Members will need to bring their script and pencil to all rehearsals.
• The activities are facilitated by professional theatre practitioners. On occasions, such as illness, professional engagements, maternity leave etc., substitutions are unavoidable and appropriate replacement actor/facilitators are provided.
• Please read and note the contents of any literature sent out (usually by email) as this is the most effective way to communicate with all members. Copies will be provided for those without email addresses.
Please ensure clothing is loose fitting and footwear is suitable for rehearsals.
• All membership fees are payable in advance before activities can be accessed.
• Alternative payment scales must be discussed and agreed in advance of the term commencing and subsequent payments must not fall into arrears or it will not be possible to access the activities.
• Cheques are payable to Little Actors Theatre Company. Sorry – no cash payments as it is not possible to bank cash in Neston
• Little Actors has to collect the membership subscriptions in advance in order to be able to keep Little Actors running. We have to be able to plan how to pay the facilitators and staff, hire the premises and rent the office. Also we have found that paying in advance can make a difference to how committed members feel to the classes – and regular attendance is very important to get the most out of the activity. However, we would urge you that if there is a problem to contact us as we would do our utmost to help.
• Late payment of membership subscriptions will result in:
a. A final reminder.
b. If payment is still not forthcoming then accessing the activities will cease. The activity is only available to fully paid members.
Membership subscriptions are payable at the beginning of each term. Payment can be made by bank transfer or by sending cheques to the office.
1. All members are responsible for the care of the costumes that have been sourced (where relevant).
2. All members are encouraged to be involved in the ‘ensemble’ style approach to the activity.
3. The director’s decision is final in the ultimate decisions over casting, staging and direction.
4. Members are responsible for their own transport arrangements to tour venues and we encourage people to share arrangements.
5. Little Actors will work with group members to ensure the play is produced to a high level of achievement and delivered on time.
6. Little Actors will support the member Producers to ensure the play is delivered at each venue.
ALL POLICIES REGARDING SAFEGUARDING, HEALTH AND SAFETY, BEHAVIOUR ETC, ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
May 25thCarly Thoms (musical Theatre) – Matilda
Carly played Miss Honey in the UK tour of ‘Matilda the Musical’ and was due to open in the West End as lock down started.
June 1stCarly Thoms (musical theatre) – Sound of Music
June 8thCo – hosts Holly Hall & Carly Thoms “How to… what I wish I’d known…’
Holly Hall works as an actor, comedian and improv artist.
June 15thNatasha Symms– TV technique
Natasha was formerly in ‘Hollyoaks’ and has appeared in several TV dramas, soaps and adverts.
June 22ndLeila Chebbi – Choreography
Leila is a trained actor and dancer who runs Travelled Companions theatre in Liverpool.
June 29thNicola Sanderson – Shakespeare
Nicola is a seasoned actor working with Northern Broadsides, Cheek by Jowl, Hull Truck etc. She also writes for and performs on Radio 4.
July 6thLeila Crerar – Physical Theatre
Leila works extensively in theatre, TV and film. She has performed with Frantic Assembly and was seen in ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
July 13thFern Evans – Puppets & Character
Benedita Dunbar - Costume craft
Fern is a trained actor who works regularly in Panto and with Little Actors. She is also a qualified fitness coach.
Benedita is one of our Mum’s who has volunteered to share her craft skills with the children.