Performing Arts Holiday Course - 26th-30th October
Multi award winning Registered Charity Little Actors Theatre Company is delighted to offer a performing arts Autumn course in Neston. Theme = Halloween. This course is suitable for children aged 5-11.
The Course will be run by actors Fern Evans
and Leila Chebbi
All facilitators are highly trained and experienced professional actors who are members of Equity.
Artistic Director - Samantha Giblin
Teenage volunteers will be mentored by the professional actors. Adult volunteers would be welcome but do require a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please read the following information about how the classes will operate and complete the form if you wish to apply:
THE CHILDREN WILL NEED TO BRING A PACKED LUNCH EVERY DAY.
Digital Performance Plans
Over the course of the week the children will prepare a digital performance based on the theme. The project will comprise drama, dance and singing.
The children need to wear appropriate clothing to move in. Jazz shoes or bare feet are best.
A tuck shop is available with snacks and drinks ranging from 25p – £1.
Little Actors T shirts are available for £11
Venue: Neston Theatre Arts, 26-30 Brook Street, CH64 9XL – the entrance is on the Brook Street car park.
Monday – Thursday
12.30 – 1pm Lunch
1-3pm Rehearsal (including a mini break when needed)
10.05am Final rehearsals
12.30 – 1pm Lunch
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR THE SMOOTH AND EFFECTIVE RUNNING OF THE SESSIONS FOR THE CHILDREN
• When an application form is signed, the parents/guardians agree to abide by the regulations
• Please notify us of absence.
• Please be punctual.
• Good attendance is essential if a child is to make good progress, also once we are working on a project it causes problems if one member is missing.
• It is essential to inform the teacher as to who will be collecting your child from the club or if they have permission to go home unaccompanied – we do not let a child leave without knowing who they are with. To release a child to go home alone, we must receive written permission from the parents/guardians.
• Children must bring a pencil and their scripts to all rehearsals when applicable.
• The classes are facilitated by professional theatre practitioners. On occasions, such as illness, professional engagements, maternity leave etc., substitutions are unavoidable and appropriate replacement actor/teachers are provided.
• Please read and note the contents of any literature sent home (usually by email) as this is the most effective way to communicate with parents/guardians.
Please ensure the children wear loose fitting clothes suitable for movement and dancing. For health and safety reasons we ask for jazz shoes or bare feet for the dance class.
All deposits and fees are non-refundable and must be paid in advance. Alternative payment scales must be discussed and agreed in advance and subsequent payments must not fall into arrears. Families eligible for the discounts or free places on the grounds of low income or DLA MUST provide evidence to that effect.
Policies and Procedures – available on request